Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bob Guthmiller


Hello everyone. After graduation I spent three years in the military. While everyone was being sent to Viet Nam I spent my time in Central America. I then attended college in South Dakota but went out to Boulder, Colorado for spring break. That was the end of that. I returned to South Dakota to finish the semester and have lived in Colorado ever since. Whether it’s skiing or fly fishing it’s a great place to be. I worked for IBM for a number of years where I met my wife, Tammy. I now am a marketing manager for Yamaha Marine Group. I manage their independent marine dealer network in 15 states in the heartland and west, including the Dakota’s for a period of time. I travel a great deal. I get to boat a lot and hook up with Yamaha fishing pros around the country. We have a boat on a slip about 10 minutes from our house here in metro Denver. While it’s not a large lake it’s been fun to teach the neighborhood kids how to ski and wakeboard over the years. We have two wonderful daughters. Our older, Brittany just graduated from the University of Colorado and is working in the marketing department at Janus Capital Group. Our younger, Lindsey will be a sophomore at the University of Kansas next year. I’m trying to rearrange some work commitments to make the reunion. If I do attend the first thing I’ll do is apologize to Tom Lee. I read the first paragraph of his blog and said to myself, “Yeah, I figured as much.” Sorry Tom.

No comments: