Friday, March 13, 2009

Colleen Menke


Hey there Class of '69.
After returning to Yankton in 1970, I stayed there for the next 25 years, married and divorced, raised 1 son, Heath and was pretty much sure I would be the "dog lady on Mulberry Street for the rest of my life. I lived in the house I grew up in and had 4 retired racing greyhounds that loved to meet and greet everyone. In 2003 I met a wonderful man from Sioux Falls. We married in 2005. He was the father of 6 with 2 still at home. I transferred from the Human Services Center to the Peniteniary in Sioux Falls to continue working as an RN with the state. In 2007 several really great things happened. We had the arrival of 2 granddaughters- his oldest daughter and my only son- and I retired after 33 years with the State of South Dakota. I spend my days now taking care of the grandbabies. We love to camp and will be staying at Chief White Crane at the lake for the reunion. Would just love to have anyone come out and visit.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

No comments: