Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Becky Branaugh Swanstrom


We are all now wearing a new title of Senior and it has nothing to do with high school! But without a doubt, I know we are the youngest class to ever celebrate their 40th Class Reunion! I am still living in Yankton at the same house that I was in for our 10th reunion. The only difference is there are LESS people living here! All four of our sons now have lovely brides, and one of those sons (and his bride) have given us three precious grandchildren. J Mark (orthotist/prosthetist) and Jackie are in Sioux Falls, Chris (commodities broker) and Lindsey live in Yankton, Ryan (USF prof) and Emily and the little ones are also in Sioux Falls, and Jake and Julie are temporarily in West Lafayette, IN, still in the student mode.

Husband Seth says my name should be “Somebody,” because whenever I hear, “Somebody has to do it,” I always volunteer. My days are filled with various church activities, swimming, gardening, baking, having lunch with friends, and fishing and traveling with my hubby.

We still enjoy cheering the Bucks to victory at football games and going to Charlie’s Pizza. When former classmates visit we make occasional trips to the Tastee Treat …it keeps us feeling young. We now enjoy “drives” to the lake (just like our parents did) rather than being sun worshippers at the beach. Life is good! Looking forward to seeing each of you in July!

No comments: